Football games are just around the corner, and it’s time to mark your calendars for the weekend festivities. Whether you attend and tailgate every game in the stadium or you tailgate in your own backyard, get tailgate ready with our packing list below!
Grill: For the best tailgate menus, take your portable grill with you. Whether you are cooking for one or two or for a football team, there are many options to choose from!
Weber makes many portable grills like the Smokey Joe. Don't forget accessories like the Smokey Joe Bag or the Weber Portable Cart!
Blaze Grills comes in hot with the Professional LUX “Take It or Leave It” Portable Grill
The Big Green Egg MiniMax Grill with accessory options like the Nest,
Camp Chef offers several portable options like the flat top griddle or a pellet grill!
Now, it's time to make your list - and check it twice! Don't forget these must-haves:
- Propane gas or charcoal
- Matches or lighter
- Grilling utensils (Weber Original Stainless Steel Two-Piece Portable Tool Set)
- Cooler and ice
- Canned and bottled drinks
- Bottled water
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Meats, Breads and Sides
- Serving trays
- Plates, napkins, utensils
- Trash bags
- Hand Sanitizer
- Paper towels and cleaning supplies
- Foil/Plastic Wrap
- Bottle opener
- Canopy or picnic tent
- Folding chairs
- Folding tables
- Decorations for your tailgate space like battery operated string lights, balloons, team colors and flags
- TV for watching games throughout the tailgate
- Generator for any power needs
- First aid kit
- Toilet paper
- Portable speakers for everyone’s favorite tunes
- Games to play: football, frisbee, cornhole boards and bean bags, spike ball, playing cards
- Gameday attire: cool, breathable clothing in team colors
One last thing - don’t forget the tickets to the game! Set an alarm on your smart phone to remind yourself to grab them on the way out the door.